Mike Winch - Nominated by the Sunderland Agricultural Society
- an esteemed agricultural leader and educator and a roll-up-your-sleeves grass roots volunteer with young and older folk alike in Durham and York Regions.a 4-H leader for 24 years, volunteering with the local dairy, chicken, history, and garden tractor clubs.
- served variously as the Director, Vice-President and President of the York 4-H Association for 15 years.
- involved in Junior Farmers, volunteering in the community and serving as Vice President and President.
- a volunteer and member of the Sutton Agricultural Society since 1982.
- a committee member for the Sunderland Agricultural Society since 2002 helping with events related to Dairy Club, Tractor Club and the Giant Pumpkin Weigh-In.
- a friendly and outgoing individual who is always genuinely interested in those around him.
- a very approachable person who makes others feel at ease.
- as a mentor and educator, Mike is special. He is always well prepared and is able to capture and retain everyone’s attention from start to finish.
Michael is a gentleman who has dedicated his life to improving the awareness and knowledge of others in the agricultural community and is very deserving of this year’s Agri-Food Education Award.